TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The open CENTER FOR ARTS, SCIENCE & EDUCATION (C.A.S.E.) 303 is pleased to announce the “Last Phrase Project”, designed for individual artists and groups who want to exhibit their work in a 2-day Festival in December 2013 at the open C.A.S.E. 303 venue (303 Kifissias Av., Kifissia, Greece).
The “Last Phrase Project” Festival will host original works inspired from the last phrase of a book.
Painting, sculpture, photography, video, mixed media, performance, dance, music.
II. JURY AND SELECTION CRITERIA
The selection of the works participating in the Festival will be made by open C.A.S.E. 303. Innovation, originality and interdisciplinary artistic approaches will be positively considered.
Participation is open to all nationalities and participants must be over 18 years old . The technical details in the different categories are:
Painting: works created with freedom of style and technique in any medium, with maximum dimensions of 200 X 200 cm. This discipline includes drawing, prints and illustration. For the purpose of the selection process the photographs of the work will be sent – in JPG format up to a maximum of three images per work with a 72-dpi resolution – instead of the work itself. Each image shall be properly named with the artist's name and the title.
Sculpture/Installation: works created in any type of organic or inorganic medium. Works can use sound, light, video and mechanical or electrical motion. The maximum dimensions for each work will be of 100 X 100 X 150 cm (base/depth/height). For the purpose of the selection process the photographs of the work will be sent – in JPG format up to a maximum of five images per work with a 72-dpi resolution – instead of the work itself. Each image shall be properly named with the artist's name and the title.
Photography: colour or black&white analogical and digital photography and artworks created with computer. The maximum dimensions of each work will be 50 cm on each side. For the purpose of the selection process the photographs of the work will be sent – in JPG format with a 72-dpi resolution– instead of the work itself. Each image shall be properly named with the artist's name and the title. In case the work consists of a series of photographs, the pictures that make it up will be considered as a single work and should not occupy more than 150 X 50 cm in total.
Video-art: includes any kind of audiovisual language as long as it is using a single channel format. The works should have a duration up to 10 minutes, including opening titles and closing credits. For the purpose of the selection process a link related to the work will be sent to us by e-mail.
Performance/Dance: The theatrical and dance performances should have a duration up to 10 min and should be presented by 1 to 5 performers. For the purpose of the selection process a link or a private website related to the performance will be sent to us by e-mail.
Music: includes any kind of live musical performances that should have a duration up to 20 min. and should be presented by 1 to 5 musicians. For the purpose of the selection process a link or a private website will be sent to us by e-mail.
To be considered for participation, the artist will fill out the registration form published on the website of the open C.A.S.E 303 at www.opencase303.com
The deadline for the entry will be the 30th of September 2013 - extended until the 6th of October
Each artist may submit up to three artworks (demos and advanced drafts are acceptable) in any of the categories of the festival. The registration can be done as a single artist or as an art collective. The resolution of the call will be published on the open C.A.S.E 303 website at www.opencase303.com during the following weeks.
The selected artists commit to the following:
- Complete and sign the authorization for the exhibition of their work.
- Make physical delivery of the work within the required date. The participant will send the work directly to the exhibition space. The dates as well as the shipping address will be communicated by email personally. The artist shall bear the shipping costs. The Open C.A.S.E. 303 is not responsible for any damage resulting from transportation, both outbound and in return. It is advisable to ensure the shipment in order to avoid any problems in this regard.
- Transfer to the open C.A.S.E. 303 the reproduction and distribution rights only for promotional and publicity purposes. The intellectual property of the works belongs to their creators.
- Participation in the Open C.A.S.E. 303's festival implies total acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The dates for the return of the work will be communicated personally to the artist by email. Upon the expiry of the collection and return period, the open C.A.S.E. 303 understands that the artist waives their right to the work and will use the work in the manner it deems appropriate.
For any questions or suggestions please contact us at:
email: ...............firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
subject:..............Last Phrase Project
contact person:.......Vassilis Tzavaras